Hi! I’m Ben Borgers. I’m a [[high school senior]] in Boston, and interned at IBM last summer. Next fall, I’m headed to [[Tufts University]] to study computer science.
I’m on twitter and github, and have a newsletter for updates on what I’m up to. If you wanna get in touch, I love getting emails: firstname.lastname@example.org
On this website, I want to keep a bit of a digital garden. Any link surrounded by [[double brackets]] is a link to another page of writing. There’s pages ranging from [[applying to college]] a couple months ago to [[rewatching Black Mirror]].
I really like doing personal programming projects:
- [[Blocks]], an app for my high school’s schedule used by 2,000 students and teachers.
- Bagel Institute, tools for more interactive college teaching.
Underline, a dead-simple and affordable way to run an email newsletter Underline was succeeded by Cornflakes.
- Potion, an open-source reverse-engineered API for the Notion note taking app.
- EMOJICDN, an API for getting images of emojis that serves two million requests per month.
Some past work:
- Diyi, a payment and student management system for an online school in Boston.
- A software engineering internship at IBM Security in the summers of 2019 and 2020, working on a new security offering for enterprise.
- Rep.ly, where I implemented new features on this public Q&A platform by Dip.
- Built an app for Sophrosyne, a mental health awareness club.